Lunchtime Lentil Soup

This recipe is amazing! Healthy and so flavorful, it doesn't matter what time of day you eat it, it's amazing.
I found this recipe from the cookbook Mom-a-licious. One of my favorite cookbooks.

Lunchtime Lentil Soup

1 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow or white onion, minced
handful of cilantro, minced and extra for garnish
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
3 tsp curry powder
8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 1/4 cups dried red lentils (I used yellow because it was all I could find)
1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 carrots, peeled and minced
2 stalks celery, minced
1 lemon (optional)

Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
Add garlic, cilantro, and spices and cook for a few more minutes.
Add lentils, tomatoes, and broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15-30 minutes or when the lentils are tender.
Finish with celery and carrots for a surprising crunch and a squeeze of lemon. (I didn't want my soup crunchy so I added the celery and carrots with my onion at the beginning of cooking. You can add either end or beginning depending on if you like an extra crunch.) EnJOY!